15 of 24 districts in state affected with COVID19
Ranchi, May 13: Eight new COVID-19 cases were reported in Jharkhand on Wednesday, May 13 taking the state tally to 181. Four cases were reported from Giridih, two cases were reported from Ranchi and two from Koderma. Both the Ranchi positives are women (25 and 32 years old) while those infected in Koderma are men. One of the women is resident of Ranchi’s Hotspot Hindpiri while other resides at Mandar in the state capital. In Giridih three cases are from Dumri area while the other case came up from Jamua. In Jharkhand, 9 patients were discharged from RIMS Hospital in Ranchi after they got fully recovered from the COVID19 infection, while eight new cases were reported positive today. With this the total number of positive cases found so far in the state has gone up to 181, while the recovery rate of patients in Jharkhand shows a positive sign. 87 patients have recovered from the treatment while 91 active cases are still in Jharkhand and 3 deaths have been reported so far. The recovery rate of patients in the state is presently 49.71 percent.
Earlier, eleven COVID-19 cases were reported in Jharkhand on Tuesday, May 12. Six cases were reported from Hazaribagh, two from East Singhbhum’s Chakulia, and one each from Ranchi, Giridih and Latehar. 15 districts out 24 in the state have been affected with COVID19 infection with East Singhbhum and Latehar district being the recent entry in the list. All new samples tested positive are of the migrants and stranded labourers.
Out of 181 positive cases so far, 97 are from Ranchi, 23 from Garhwa, 10 from Bokaro, 8 from Palamau, 11 from Giridih, four each from Deoghar, Dhanbad and Koderma, ten from Hazaribagh, two each from East Singhbhum, Jamtara, Simdega and Dumka. One person each from Godda and Latehar has also tested positive for coronavirus.
Capital Ranchi accounts for 97 out of a total of 181 Covid cases. The Hindpiri locality in Ranchi is worst affected by the virus. This hotspot area is being manned by the CRPF personnel.
Jharkhand has reported three deaths due to coronavirus so far. The first case of the pandemic was reported from Hindpiri on March 31, when a 22-year-old Malaysian woman, who had been to Delhi’s Tablighi Jamaat congregation, tested positive. She has since been discharged after being recorded from the dreaded disease.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren in his statement to media has once again reiterated that lockdown is in force in the entire state of Jharkhand. Soren also said that calling off Lockdown in the month of Ramadan will not be a wise step.
The state government shall adhere to the instructions given by the Central government for extending or calling off the lockdown. Soren also said that a large number of migrant workers are constantly returning to their state through the special Shramik trains run by Ministry of Railways. He said that the state government is committed to bring back all the migrant labourers to their homes. The state government has also devised action plan to provide employment to the migrant labourers under MGNREGA.