Postal department releases special cover
Jamshedpur, Jan. 4: Saturday’s Platinum Jubilee Parade of Sacred Heart Convent School was a melding of old and new. It was both a nostalgic look-back at school’s roots as well as a celebration of how far the cradle has come in 75 years.
Grand and colourful parade commemorated the platinum jubilee of the school, which was established on 15 January, 1945.
Students, faculty, former teachers and alumni were part of the spectacular road show.
Students of classes 1 to 8 performed vibrant drills and dances to keep the audience enthralled. The highlight of the parade was the two tableaus displaying the history of the school and its achievements till date.
The parade began from the school and traversed through Office Road, Straight Mile Road, Pipe Line Road, Jubilee Park before culminating at the Sacred Heart Convent School.
Earlier, guests and the school management paid homage to the founders of the Apostolic Carmel Congregation, Rev. Mother Veronica. Jamshedpur SSP Anoop Birtharey graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
On the occasion, SSP Anoop Birtharay and Loyola School principal Father Pius Fernandes extended warm wishes to the school.
The postal department also released a special cover to commemorate platinum jubilee of Sacred Heart Convent School. Senior Superintendentof Post Offices, Singhbhum Division, Jamshedpur released the special cover at the event. Tarun Daga, managing director, Jusco and Rev. Sister M Serena A.C. (Provincial Secretary, Apostolic Carmel, Northern Province) were the other guests of honour.
‘It is a historic moment for each one of us and we feel proud to have completed 75 years of dedicated service to the society,’ said an official of Sacred Heart Convent School. She added that the school has set an example imparting quality education and celebrated the occasion throughout the year.
‘The school has been ranked among the top 20 Day-Schools for girls in India by the Education World Magazine in the year 2019. It has also been awarded the title of ‘Best Day-School for girls’ in the state of Jharkhand four times,’ she informed.
The school was established on January 15, 1945. It started with humble beginnings at 5, Beldih Triangle, after which it shifted its premises to CNR Hall, Dhatkidih High School and Dalma Villa. Later, a plot of land at Park Road, Northern Town, was secured from Tata Steel and the present school was constructed and occupied in January 1951.
In March 1952, the school sent its first batch of matriculates, while in 1963 it received affiliation from the Council for the Indian School Certificate (CISC), New Delhi. The first batch of students took the Senior Cambridge Examination in 1965.
The shift to the present Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) was made in 1974. The first batch of ISC students (Class XII with arts, commerce and science stream) was sent up in March 1995.
Managed by the Apostolic Carmelite nuns, Sacred Heart is an all-girls English medium school affiliated to the Council of Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi and offers education from kindergarten to class XII.