By Rijuta Dey Bera Jamshedpur, August 6: Fringed by rolling green hills and intercut by a river whose name translates as “streak of gold,” a sleepy little steel city has once again made its mark on the visual palette of mainstream Indian cinema. Moviemakers often fall back on the trope of a “small town” to […]
Jamshedpur, Dec. 14: Sacred Heart Convent School, Northern Town, Jamshedpur, has been around for 75 years.
The Association of Sacred Heart Alumni (ASHA) of school on the occasion of Platinum Jubilee of Sacred Heart Covent had a grand celebration of being an educational institution for 75 years on December 13 and 14, 2019 in the school premises. Principal of the school Sister Rashmita inaugurated the celebration by lighting the auspicious lamp. She shared her best school experience. The students, teachers, parents, ex-students and ex-teachers were all part of the auspicious day with party and thanksgiving. During the ceremony former students of the school felicitated thirty teachers who have been instrumental in taking the school newer heights. The teachers seemed emotional after getting the honour.
“We have dedicated our lives to the school. It feels good when we meet former students who have excelled both in personal and professional life, “noted a teacher. Ten sisters of the school were also felicitated during the celebration.
According to school authorities, the institution has come a long way and has carved a niche in the field of education.
After the felicitation function Musical Nite bash set the tone for the evening. With the promise of excitement and adrenaline rush, the event was one of a kind. Pune’s Smita Kulkarni along with her team mesmerised the audience with her scintillating music.
The variety of food stalls satiated the hunger of the audience. To make the event successful President of Association of Sacred Heart Alumni Manjeet Marwa, Secretary Sumita Singh, Vice-President Reena Hazra, Treasurer Marukh Mehta and others provided full support.
Managed by the Apostolic Carmelite nuns, Sacred Heart is an all-girls English medium school established on January 15, 1945. It started with humble beginnings at 5, Beldih Triangle, after which it shifted its premises to CNR Hall, Dhatkidih High School and Dalma Villa. Later, a plot of land at Park Road, Northern Town, was secured from Tata Steel and the present school was constructed and occupied in January 1951.