13 new corona positives in Jamshedpur on Thursday, 29 defeat deadly virus

Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, Kolhan No Comments on 13 new corona positives in Jamshedpur on Thursday, 29 defeat deadly virus 7683


Jamshedpur, June 4: Corona cases are on the rise in Jharkhand. 58 new cases were reported in the state on Thursday, June 4 taking the tally in Jharkhand to 840.

13 cases were reported from Jamshedpur which is leading with the most corona positives in the state.

One positive case came in the afternoon while 12 more cases were reported late in the night. The first positive person is a resident of Mango area of the Steel City and has travel history. All the other 12 corona positives also have travel history and have been shifted COVID-19 Ward. 11 persons are resident of Dumaria and were in quarantine centre in Sidhgora while two other positives are resident of Mango and were in institutional quarantine at Mousabani. Late on Thursday night one positive case was reported from Seraikela. 707 sample were tested at the Virology department of MGM Medical College on Thursday of which 14 were tested positive including 13 from East Singhbhum and one from Seraikela. It may be noted that 11845 samples have been tested in the East Singhbhum district of which 147 have been positive while report of 10921 came negative. The district now has 118 positive cases which has made it the number district in the state with most cases.

On the other hand 9 positive cases were reported from Simdega, 13 from Koderma, 10 from Garhwa, four from Hazaribagh, three each from Khunti and Gumla while one case each was reported from Palamau, 13 from East Singhbhum while one each from seraikela, Latehar and Ranchi. Earlier on Wednesday 12 Coronavirus positives were reported in Jamshedpur.
The total cases in East Singhbhum stand at 147 including 13 positive on Friday.
With 149 cases Jamshedpur has surpassed Ranchi (133 positive) as the worst affected corona district in Jharkhand. All the positive cases have travel history and were in institutional quarantine.
DC Ravi Shanker Shukla confirmed about the development and informed that all the patients has been admitted to COVID-19 ward of TMH. 21 corona patients were tested negative and discharged from TMH on Thursday. Total of 29 persons have defeated the disease.
According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare the total number of Covid-19 cases in the state has increased to 840. The death toll has climbed to 6. At least 340 people have recovered from the disease in Jharkhand.

Sahebganj has become the 24th district in the state to be infected with COVID-19 virus. One case has been reported from Sahebganj. Most of the corona positives are migrant workers. Most of the positives in East Singhbhum have travel history and have returned from other states.
Earlier on Tuesday, two intern doctors at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) were found to be Covid-19 positive, health officials said, adding that they had a recent travel history.
Capital Ranchi and East Singhbhum district accounts for 133 and 135 cases respectively out of a total of 827.

A total of 5,415 people, who returned to the state recently, are under surveillance and asymptomatic, while 4,084 have completed the 28-day observation period.
While 91,765 people are in various quarantine centres, 2,91,828 people are in home quarantine, the bulletin said.
The recovery rate of Covid-19 patients is 44.94 per cent in Jharkhand and the mortality rate is 0.7 per cent, it added.
The first case of the pandemic was reported from Hindpiri on March 31, when a 22-year-old Malaysian woman, who had been to Delhi’s Tablighi Jamaat congregation, tested positive. She has since been discharged after being recorded from the dreaded disease.

Jharkhand on Thursday reported another death due Coronavirus. Retired army person succumbed to death at RIMS in Ranchi taking the death toll in the state to six. Corona positive person died at the Neuro ward of the hospital after which the ward has been sealed. The deceased is a resident of Kokar area of Ranchi. Neurosurgery ward of RIMS has been sealed completely. According to reports, the retired army Jawan was first admitted to Medica and later shifted to RIMS. The deceased was admitted to Medica with neuro ailment and his swab sample was taken on May 31. But before the report came in the family members of the retired Jawan shifted him to RIMS. On June 2 his report came positive but his family members did not inform about the case to the doctors and he died during treatment at RIMS.

Related Articles

Back to Top

Copyright © 2013 The Avenue Mail. All Rights Reserved. Online edition of The Avenue Mail published by Vimal Agarwal. Editor: Vimal Agrawal. Telephone: +91 657 2442826.
%d bloggers like this: