Major fire at Jamshedpur’s Mango, properties worth Rs five lakhs destroyed

Jamshedpur No Comments on Major fire at Jamshedpur’s Mango, properties worth Rs five lakhs destroyed 147

Fire creates chaos for three hours

Jamshedpur: A major fire broke out at  Kanchan Deep, office-cum- showroom of a LPG agency on the Old Purulia Road in Mango  this morning due to a suspected short-circuit. According to initial reports properties worth Rs 5 lakh was destroyed. 

The fire which broke out at around 12 noon was first noticed by a local shopkeeper, who immediately informed others. Fire brigade rushed to the spot.

Six fire tenders belonging to  Tata Steel, Tata Motors and the  government fire station at Golmuri and Mango took five hours to control the fire. 

Officer-in-charge of Mango police station Arun Mahatha, who reached the spot said properties including  furniture were gutted in the fire. “There were two LPG cylinders kept inside. Two batteries were also there which caught fire resulting in blasts,” said Mahatha.

He said that the estimated loss of the fire mishap was being worked out. But, a rough estimate suggested the loss to be to the tune of over Rs 5 lakh.

Traffic movement had to be stopped for about three hours on the busy Old Purulia Road. Commuters had a harrowing time as they had to take a long route for reaching Pardih as well as Payal Cinema.

As it was Monday, Kanchan Deep gas agency was closed and the cylinder supply is also not done on Mondays. The proprietor of the agency came to the office at around 10 am and after completing the bank work he went away at around 10.45 am and he got the information about a fire break out at 12 noon.

Mata Kamla Bhawan houses several doctors’ clinic and physiotherapy centre which were affected.  Dr Pratima Devgam, Oro Dental Clinic, Ayurvedic Davakhana and Indobest physiotherapy centre were partially affected due to fire. Eight air conditioners of Hitachi cool at the first floor of the building also caught fire. Several people were moved out of physiotherapy centre. 

The building where the fire broke out is near to two transformers. Several vegetable vendors on Payal Cinema road were moved from the area for three hours. 

Related Articles

Back to Top

Copyright © 2013 The Avenue Mail. All Rights Reserved. Online edition of The Avenue Mail published by Vimal Agarwal. Editor: Vimal Agrawal. Telephone: +91 657 2442826.
%d bloggers like this: