Mail News Service
Jamshedpur, Oct 16: The heckling that East Jamshedpur’s Independent legislator Saryu Roy had to face purportedly by BJP supporters while going to attend a government programme at Birsanagar on Thursday, October 15 made headlines. He however did not alight from his car and left the spot.
Speaking to the media at his Bistupur office on Friday, October 16, Saryu Roy said that if the BJP national president JP Nadda and the party’s Jharkhand president Dipak Prakash do not give their observations on the incident within a week it would then be assumed that the incident had their tacit support. He said, “Since the incident of yesterday (Thursday) is directly linked to the BJP national vice president Raghubar Das, I will take the issue right up to the national level. If within a week, I do not receive the observations of BJP national president and state president, I will go to Dumka and Bermo where the Assembly by-polls will take place and tell the electorates there that since I defeated the lone BJP candidate in the Jamshedpur East Assembly constituency, such pre-planned attacks are being planned against me. I will not canvass for any party or candidate in those two places but say what I have to say. I will not stop there. I will go to Bihar and wherever JP Nadda organizes election rallies, I will speak from those very same platforms and tell the people the sequence-wise incidents that have been taking place in Jamshedpur.”
Roy said that the heckling against him at Birsanagar on Thursday was preplanned or else, he questioned, how could a particular party give invitation for a government organized programme especially when no candidate of that party had won an Assembly seat in Kolhan region. “They (BJP) have also given some deliberately misleading information to the media. I had been invited for yesterday’s (Thursday’s) function and I had accepted it. It is not gain or loss that is important but what is important is to expose the irregularities and get them rectified.”
Expressing his satisfaction at the CBI charge sheet filed against the accused in the Sikidiri Hydropower project, Saryu Roy said that he had raised that particular issue in 2012. “After eight years justice seems at hand,” and added, “The then State Electricity Board Chairman SK Verma is accused of bungling a huge amount of funds and the government had turned a blind eye on the misdeeds upto 2019. In 2005, the project for which a sum of Rs five lakh was expended, for the same project, during SK Verma’s tenure in 2012, an estimate of Rs 2.68 crore was drawn up which he suppressed and instead awarded the project to BHEL at Rs 23.65 crore. This scam is worse than the animal husbandry fodder scam.”