Corona cases cross 2500 mark in Jamshedpur, health team warns of community spread

Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, Kolhan No Comments on Corona cases cross 2500 mark in Jamshedpur, health team warns of community spread 2587

Jamshedpur, August 7: Corona cases have crossed the 2500 mark in the city. The first death was reported on July 4 when two elderly persons, including an 88-year-old woman died in the Tata Main Hospital now the figures have crossed 62.

East Singhbhum district civil surgeon Rajendra Jha confirmed that fresh cases of COVID deaths have been reported from the COVID-designated hospitals.

” The tentacle of Coronavirus is very much in the steel city and in the rural pockets of the East Singhbhum district.  But it is for certain that if the people start to pay utmost attention in maintaining social distance, keeping one’s hand sanitised again and again and wearing a mask, the Coronavirus has to go soon,” said Jha while talking.

Many Covid cases without travel or contact history are being reported in the city. “This is the reason that we had to make the quarantine system for an outsider more stringent now after giving some relief for a week time beside taking other measures aimed at curbing the spread of the deadly virus,” an official said.


Till today one deaths have been reported, while positive cases have reached 2500. Of the 79 cases, only three had travel history and six out of the remaining 76 persons were tested positive after coming in contact with the Covid patients.  But the remaining 70 persons who have tested positive had neither  any travel history nor had they come in contact with any Covid patient.

Revealing about the step, district civil surgeon, Rajendra Nath Jha till last week a system of putting any outsider in quarantine was effective, but the state government had changed the system and allowed the outsiders to remain in home quarantine for 14 days, but keeping in view of the rising number of Covid cases here, the East Singhbhum district has on Wednesday implemented its own quarantine policy.

Meanwhile, following instructions of Deputy CommissionerSuraj Kumar, the Incident Commander inspected, Haat Bazar daily as well as the Containment Zone and Home Quarantine. The rapid antigen test of the close contact people of Corona infected in Indra Marg Khuntadih, Sangam Vihar, East Sonari and Jagabandhu Colony, respectively, was conducted by Incident Commander Chandradev Prasad at Sonari.

A sample of 30 people was taken on the spot. Also, necessary dry ration was distributed in Budharam Mohalla of Sonari. In Kadma, South Indian Tiffin, a hotel and a handover, was served a notice for 72 hours for violation of social distancing.

At the same time, seven boys were given notice by Incident Commander Pramod Ram in violation of the rules in the Telco area today and were given strict warning not to come out of the house unnecessarily, following the state government guidelines to prevent corona infection.

A surprise inspection of the home quarantine is  being done by the incident commander to ensure that the people concerned are not violating the rules of the home quarantine.

Related Articles

Back to Top

Copyright © 2013 The Avenue Mail. All Rights Reserved. Online edition of The Avenue Mail published by Vimal Agarwal. Editor: Vimal Agrawal. Telephone: +91 657 2442826.
%d bloggers like this: