The police are probing into the animosity angle between the murder of Tata Motors' AGM Brajesh Sahay

CID team begins probe into Tata Motors AGM murder case

Jamshedpur No Comments on CID team begins probe into Tata Motors AGM murder case 407

Jamshedpur, Feb 24: Amidst outrage by traders, social organizations and political parties over deteriorating law and order in the city and demand of a Crime Investigation Department (CID) inquiry into the murder of AGM of Tata Motors, Brajesh Sahay a three member CID team began a probe on Monday, Feb 24.

The CID team comprising of superintendent of police (CID) M Tamil Vanan, DSP CID Sanat Kumar Soren and inspector Dhananjay Singh reached Jamshedpur on Monday morning and went to the bungalow of Brajesh Sahay in Nildih under Telco police station and had a long conversation with wife of Brajesh Sahay, Sweta Sahay and other family members and relatives. The maid servant of the bungalow was also questioned.

The CID team then went to Tata Motors office and held a chat with officials of the company including company spokesperson Captain P.J. Singh and also searched the office of Sahay.

The CID team also met Tata Motors Workers Union officials about the relation the murdered executive had with his sub-ordinates.

Earlier in the day, Sweta Sahay , wife of Brajesh Sahay lodged an FIR at the Telco police station against two unidentified miscreants in connection with the murder of her husband in front of their residence on Saturday night.

In her FIR at the police station, Sweta has said that her husband had returned from Pune on February 20 and was disturbed over resentment brewing amongst employees over his involvement in the policy wherein employees were forced to seek retirement under compulsory retirement scheme.

“My husband had said that the management has patted him for strictly enforcing the scheme for non-performing employees and he might get promotion but was at the same time not happy with the large scale resentment caused among the employees over the scheme,” the FIR says.

According to company sources, the compulsory retirement scheme was introduced in December 2013 for non-performing officials, managers and supervisors in the TML Drivelines in the backdrop of the global economic crisis. Around 300 employees were forced to seek employment under this scheme so far.

East Singhbhum SSP Amol V. Homkar confirmed of the FIR but refused to reveal much into the investigation while promising that police would certainly get to the culprits within a day or two.

“We have got some leads on the basis of the investigation by the special team and will unravel the case and arrest the culprits within a day or two,” said Homkar.

Meanwhile, a delegation of Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) staged a demonstration in front of the SSP office at Sakchi.

The president of SCCI, Suresh Sonthalia,  who later met the East Singhbhum SSP,  said that they have expressed their concern over deteriorating law and order in view of the killing of the TML Driveline executive.

A delegation of BJP and Akhil Bharatiya Kayastha Mahasabha also met the East Singhbhum SSP demanding immediate arrest of the culprits involved in the murder.

Related Articles

Back to Top

Copyright © 2013 The Avenue Mail. All Rights Reserved. Online edition of The Avenue Mail published by Vimal Agarwal. Editor: Vimal Agrawal. Telephone: +91 657 2442826.
%d bloggers like this: