Another Corona positive in Jamshedpur, migrant from Chennai admitted to TMH

Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, Kolhan No Comments on Another Corona positive in Jamshedpur, migrant from Chennai admitted to TMH 37138

District plummets from Green to Red fringe with four corona positive cases

 

Jamshedpur/Ranchi, May 15: East Singhbhum has suddenly plummeted from the safety of a Green Zone to an unnerving Red fringe in a matter of days. A resident of Patamda near Jamshedpur, who arrived by the Sharamik Special train from Chennai had detrained at Ranchi Railway Station on May 13 and brought to Jamshedpur by bus by the district administration before being sent to the Mosabani quarantine centre, was today tested coronavirus positive and shifted to Tata Main Hospital in the evening. Total positives in East Singhbhum stand at four now. East Singhbhum deputy commissioner, Ravi Shanker Shukla confirmed about the detection of the fourth case, and confirmed that the person tested Covid positive is a resident of Patamda who returned from Chennai. The patient has travel history and was under quarantine but now he has been shifted to COVID-19 ward at Tata Main Hospital. DC urged the residents of Jamshedpur to cooperate the administration in fighting the pandemic and appealed not to move out of the home without reason.

The first COVID-19 positive case was confirmed in Jamshedpur city (Urban Area) on Thursday, May 14. The Jamshedpur patient had come to his in-laws place in Baridih, Jamshedpur from Kolkata and had been admitted to MGM Hospital in Sakchi. The first Coronavirus patient is a migrant laborer and resident of Bihar who is saree trader in Kolkata, said an official of East Singhbhum district.

Jharkhand on Friday confirmed twelve more COVID-19 cases, taking the state tally of positive cases to 215.

“Twelve more people have tested positive for coronavirus in Jharkhand. The total number of cases is now at 215,” said State Health Secretary Nitin Madan Kulkarni.  On May 15, four cases have been reported from Garhwa taking the total positive in the district to 27. All the Garhwa positives have returned from Maharashtra and have been admitted at quarantine centre. 

Six positive came up from Hazaribagh district including two pregnant women from Katakmasandi area of the district and three from Vishnugarh. Total positive cases in Hazaribagh has gone up to 24. A new case also came up in Dhanbad taking the total positive in the district to five. The man whose swab sample tested positive is a resident of Kapuria of Baghmara block. The man along with his wife and child had returned from Mumbai by driving the car himself and on returning he directly went to PMCH, Dhanbad for medical checkup. Late in the night a new Coronavirus case came up in Patamda (Jamshedpur) in East Singhbhum district taking the total positive case to four.     

Earlier, twenty two new COVID-19 cases were reported in Jharkhand on Thursday, May 14.

15 districts out 24 in the state have been affected with COVID19 infection with East Singhbhum and Latehar district being the recent entry in the list. All new samples tested positive are of the migrants and stranded labourers.

Out of 215 positive cases so far, 102 are from Ranchi, 27 from Garhwa, 10 from Bokaro, 15 from Palamau, 10 from Giridih, four from Deoghar, five from Dhanbad, six from Koderma, 24 from Hazaribagh,  four from East Singhbhum, two each from Jamtara, Simdega and Dumka. One person each from Godda and Latehar has also tested positive for coronavirus.

Capital Ranchi accounts for 102 out of a total of 215 Covid cases. The Hindpiri locality in Ranchi is worst affected by the virus. This hotspot area is being manned by the CRPF personnel.

Jharkhand has reported three deaths due to coronavirus so far. The first case of the pandemic was reported from Hindpiri on March 31, when a 22-year-old Malaysian woman, who had been to Delhi’s Tablighi Jamaat congregation, tested positive. She has since been discharged after being recorded from the dreaded disease.

Chief Minister Hemant Soren in his statement to media has once again reiterated that lockdown is in force in the entire state of Jharkhand. Soren also said that calling off Lockdown in the month of Ramadan will not be a wise step.
 
The state government shall adhere to the instructions given by the Central government for extending or calling off the lockdown. Soren also said that a large number of migrant workers are constantly returning to their state through the special Shramik trains run by Ministry of Railways. He said that the state government is committed to bring back all the migrant labourers to their homes. The state government has also devised action plan to provide employment to the migrant labourers under MGNREGA.

Related Articles

Back to Top

Copyright © 2013 The Avenue Mail. All Rights Reserved. Online edition of The Avenue Mail published by Vimal Agarwal. Editor: Vimal Agrawal. Telephone: +91 657 2442826.
%d bloggers like this: