Kolkata, Jan 16 (IANS) A man was arrested and gold worth over Rs.80 lakh was seized from him in West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas district, the Border Security Force (BSF) said Thursday.
The seizure was made by BSF troopers Wednesday from near Haridas border outpost near Bangaon in the district, some 80 km from Kolkata, a statement said.
A youth, Amit Haldar, was apprehended by the troopers and 24 gold biscuits weighing 2.8 kg and valued at over Rs.82 lakh were seized from him.
The accused and the confiscated gold have been handed over to local police.
- February 24, 2018
- October 11, 2017
- October 9, 2017
- October 1, 2017
- September 25, 2017
By R K SINHA The manner in which the farmers of Maharashtra placed their demands before the government deserves all praise. Thousands of farmers marched to Mumbai covering 180 kilometers of distance without causing any inconvenience to public. The agitating farmers carried their protest in true Gandhian way, peaceful protest. It should set example for […]
- New parking zones to come up in city to meet traffic chaos on
- Jharkhand govt waives stamp duty for land registration by women on
- Jharkhand to be made IT hub: CM at ‘Advantage 2015 program’ on
- Jharkhand gives second language status to Magahi, Angika, Bhojpuri and Maithili on
- Helmet a must for riders, Jamshedpur police intensify drive on