Kolkata, March 9 (IANS) Two people were arrested and nearly 45 kgs of gold worth over Rs.12 crore was seized Sunday from West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas district, an official said.
The seizure was made by officials of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence who intercepted the car in which the duo were travelling in towards Basirhat, an official said.
In another case, the customs department too seized over 600 grams gold illegally from a passenger at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here.
- June 13, 2018
By Goutam Shankar Das Jharkhand is 18 years old today. Frog-jumping over its nascent days, it is now in its adolescent era. Irrespective of political observations, Jharkhand has indeed progressed though a bit on the slower side. Jharkhand has seen seven governments in its run as a separate state. Each government has had programs chalked […]
- Asifullah Khan promoted to Jamshedpur FC first-team squad on
- It will be a tough game against JFC: Kerala Blasters coach on
- Tim Cahill’s maiden ISL goal cheered by 20472 Jamshedpur FC fans on
- Adrenaline flushed out as Kerala Blasters decimate Jamshedpur FC’s 2-nil lead at half time on
- JRD Stadium set for another houseful action as JFC looks to break draw jinx on