Kolkata, March 14 (IANS) The Border Security Force (BSF) Friday arrested a man from a West Bengal outpost on the Bangladesh border and seized from him 450 grams of gold worth Rs.14 lakh, an official statement said.
The arrested man, a resident of the North 24 Parganas district, was taken into custody from Tarali border outpost of the district.
The man and the two gold bars recovered from him were handed over to local police.
So far in this year, the BSF has seized gold worth Rs.7 crore and apprehended 10 smugglers.
- February 24, 2018
- October 11, 2017
- October 9, 2017
- October 1, 2017
- September 25, 2017
By R K SINHA The manner in which the farmers of Maharashtra placed their demands before the government deserves all praise. Thousands of farmers marched to Mumbai covering 180 kilometers of distance without causing any inconvenience to public. The agitating farmers carried their protest in true Gandhian way, peaceful protest. It should set example for […]
- New parking zones to come up in city to meet traffic chaos on
- Jharkhand govt waives stamp duty for land registration by women on
- Jharkhand to be made IT hub: CM at ‘Advantage 2015 program’ on
- Jharkhand gives second language status to Magahi, Angika, Bhojpuri and Maithili on
- Helmet a must for riders, Jamshedpur police intensify drive on